Wednesday 2 March 2011

Great Wall of Type

My First B of the year. This project was fun and I really did enjoy it this project as you may see in my work. The best part was creating the letters for the wall.

To start of with the brief we were given a letter to created into 3D. The letter that I got was a letter S. The process that I thought to go though was how can I make this interesting. I was looking into LED lights and how they can effect objects, when turned on.

Here is the material with the fairy lights turned on underneath the material.



Here is the start of my letter forming. The size of my bigger letter is 60cm high. Inside is fairy lights. The material that I used was founded by a tutor that thought that it would be good to use.




After I created the letter S. I decided that I had time to do another letter. I decided to create a letter E.




All this is towards creating a Wall of type. Where all the other students in my year would help towards creating the wall. Below is a photo where the Great wall of type is set. The photo is the University of Huddersfield in the Creative Arts Building.



Here are the photos that I took whilst the wall was building.








The final outcome. From the outside of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment